Recent statistics show that the world is moving towards the use of mobile devices that are increasingly connected. Indeed, the number of subscriptions mobile broadband had reached over three billion worldwide. This craze can be explained by the manipulation of powerful applications that take advantage of the increasing availability of communication networks and the performance of mobile devices for the data exchange. Thus, the real-time data flows, as well as the proposed web services via the internet, such as mobile commerce, social networks and ad-hoc collaboration are perfectly integrated in mobile applications.
Many companies are considering the use of applications mobile. There are more than a million apps available for mobile devices. They are usually designed by independent companies and, although they are often tested by mobile device manufacturers, their users need to be aware of their responsibility and to verify their quality and integrity before adopting and using them for professional purposes, including restaurants, cafes and fast-food establishments.
Many applications are designed for personal use, others for business use. However, when applications are downloaded and integrated into a business process, the degree of reliability they are given must be taken into account. Can we believe that an application is subject of a thorough control? It is therefore important to be vigilant when such applications are used in the context of the work.
Mobile applications in restaurant business
Mobile apps, when they’re part of an integral part of a business process, such as planning meetings, sending emails, updating an address book or executing first-line accounting processes, are a reflection of the company and its image. Some apps may not offer not the necessary documentation to allow the company to properly evaluate the application’s features and capabilities and its suitability for a particular business process.
Applications come from a large number of sources, some of which may be questionable and may even cause involuntary download of malware on a mobile device and ultimately in the technology infrastructure of the enterprise.
Benefits of mobile applications in business
Companies can benefit from the integration of applications in certain processes especially processes in direct contact with customers:
• Restaurants can benefit from apps that bring out their business in various research and allow
mobile users to obtain information on the company and consult the menus;
• mapping applications allow customers to locate the business;
• restaurant applications allow customers to make reservations;
• tax applications facilitate collection of information.
The bottom line is that customers know what is the company, where it is and how they can get there. In addition, they can obtain and use these information anytime, anywhere.
Issues and risks of mobile applications
· Applications may be used for inappropriate, unproductive or trivial purposes.
· Employees may be unaware of the applications that the company uses to promote to its customers or that they do not know how useful they are.
· Employees may download inappropriate applications on company devices. There is no list of approved apps for use on devices owned by the company or users.
Possible mitigation measures
· Develop policies and procedures for the use of applications for business purposes, including specific criteria to be met.
· Inform employees of business applications that customers can download and explain their usefulness. Encourage customers to use apps from the business as business marketing tools and customer loyalty.
· Create a list of applications that are suitable for the business and have received approval. Inform employees of the professional applications they can download and explain their usefulness. Allow employees to download only approved applications listed. Create a safe business application store and inform employees that approved applications can be downloaded from this store.
Cross-platform software design for the interactive management of a restaurant
The choice of an interactive tool such as mobile application means to make an interactive software that is to say that will allow to do reciprocal actions between the client and the tablet or between
the restorer and his computer. And the latter can be advantageous and the customers of the restaurant and restaurateur.
The interest with the acquisition of tablet and the application of this software will make flexibility in further innovations in restaurant business. Finally a pin to future researchers is open when it comes to multiplatform software developments in computer science.
A software should be developed and designed hand in hand with the restorative partners in order to be perfectly adapted to restaurant needs. This software for restoration allows to manage reservations and customers from A to Z.
It is in this context that our end-of-study project fits. In fact, one should seek to set up an environment that refers to the design and production of a multiplatform software for the interactive management of a restaurant.
Of all the above, there are three problems in concern:
· How to store and process the different information of a modern restaurant related to customer purchases?
· How to allow communication between customers and servants in a restaurant?
· How to facilitate a reservation of choice instead of customers while being away from the restaurant?